|SANDOW AVIA technical elastic
shock cords, also called bungee cords, are designed to meet aviation
standards., particularly French aerospace ASNA standards.|
properties are guaranteed for a given diameter and a given elongation. (maximum
Shock cords from 4 to 30 mm in diameter will resist
tractive forces of 1 to 400 daN respectively.
SANDOW AVIA technical elastic
shock cords are made from multiple strands of first grade natural rubber.
They are wrapped in a polyamide sheath up to dia. 7, and in a double cotton and
polyamide textile sheath, braided around the core, for the upper diameters.
- recommended elongation in service : 20 to 80% of the initial
useful length (forces < 20% and >80% are indicative).
- Force resistance, measured on an electronic dynamometer and recorded on
the third tractive effort, must correspond to the force graphs with a tolerance
of � 15%.
for our force graphs
- Dimensions are checked before stretching with a
tolerance of �3%
- in a
dry and draught-proof warehouse
- at a moderate ambient temperature all year
- in 10 years, shock cords lose approximately 25% of their initial force..
- AVIA shock cord service life
primarily depends on its conditions of use : frequency, elongation, climatic conditions,
- Resistance to cold and heat : made from natural rubber, shock
cords are sensitive to extreme temperature variations.
To prevent injury, never brutally release a bungee cord that is under tension.